Making a Halloween Fun Fold with Cottage Wreaths Bundle is quick and easy. The Cottage Wreaths stamp set has a cute spider image and “boo” for a greeting. The coordinating Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper provides some great options for colors and prints perfect for a Halloween fun fold.
Below are two different cards made exactly the same way except for one layer on the front. The card below uses Pumpkin Pie card stock as the top layer on which to adhere the wreath, while the card from the video uses a piece of matching Designer Series Paper. The little spider is suspended using a piece of white Bakers Twine. I keep my fun fold cards closed by adhering a small magnet between the layers.
Ready to get started? Watch the video below to see instructions and tips for making this card! I will, also, demonstrate how to use magnets to keep your fun folds closed. Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Pumpkin Pie:
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 1 1/2″ and 5 3/4″ (card base)
- 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ (layer, if desired in place of Gingham Cottage DSP)
- Basic White Cardstock
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- 3″ x 3″ (layer)
- 3″ x 3 1/2″ (stamping wreath and spider)
- 1/4″ x 3″ (stamping sentiment)
- Basic Black
- 3 1/8″ x 3 1/8″ (layer)
- Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper (Pumpkin Pie)
- 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (large gingham layer)
- 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (small gingham layer)
- 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ (small gingham)
Instructions for Halloween Fun Fold:
- Fold score lines on card base toward the center of the card (edges should meet). Burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere large gingham layer to left front fold using Multipurpose Glue.
- If using mini craft magnets for closure, position magnet on right fold with Mini Glue Dot, at this time. (Refer to video)
- Adhere small gingham layer to right front fold using Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere Basic Black layer to center of left fold.
- If using mini craft magnets, position magnet on black layer so that it matches up with the magnet in #3 and adhere with Mini Glue Dot. (Refer to video)
- Adhere Basic White 3″ x 3″ layer to the Basic Black layer.
- Attach layer of 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ of Pumpkin Pie or Designer Paper.
- Stamp wreath (Early Expresso) and two spiders (Tuxedo Black Momento) on Basic White; die cut.
- Using Mini Glue Dots, adhere small piece of White Twine to back of wreath.
- Attach spider to opposite end of twine using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere wreath using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to layered flap on front of card.
- Stamp sentiment “boo” three times on 1/4″ x 3″ of Basic White. Trim to three separate sentiments and attach randomly to front of card.
- Using Basic White inside layer, stamp inside sentiment if desired.
- Using small piece of White Twine and adhere end of twine to back of layer using glue dot or scotch tape. Fold twine over the top edge of the card.
- Attach the second spider to the edge of the twine with a glue dot and adhere to inside layer.
- Adhere layer to inside of card.
Halloween Fun Fold with Cottage Wreaths from Video
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.