I love Fun Folds and the Joy Fold, in particular, is one of my favorites. Today, I take the Joy Fold and turn it so it “flips up!” This design is perfect for any stamp set, but for this post, I chose to use the Cottage Wreaths Bundle with the Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper. As with any Fun Fold, the Designer Papers are a key component to the design. With autumn approaching, I chose to use subtle colors that work for, both, summer and fall.
My key focus for this post and video is the “how to” make a Flip Up Joy Fold. One challenge I have found with Fun Folds is keeping the card closed. The video below will demonstrate the use of tiny magnets to keep the flaps together and the card closed. And guess what, no one will know they are there! Stay with me to the end, as there are two more cards further down in the post!
Ready to get started? Watch the video below to see instructions and tips for making this card! Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Soft Suede:
- 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- 3″ x 8″, scored at 4″ (small base)
- Basic White Cardstock
- 2 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ (2) (front & inside layer)
- Scrap for stamping wreath
- Pumpkin Pie
- 3″ x 4″ (die cut wreath & bow)
- Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper (So Saffron)
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (small plaid)
- 2 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ (large plaid)
Instructions for Flip Up Joy Fold:
- Fold 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″ card base on score line and burnish with bone folder. The 3″ fold is on the bottom.
- On the large card base adhere layer with small plaid inside the card base.
- If choosing to add craft magnet, position magnet with a Mini Glue Dot prior to adhering Designer Series Paper layer. (Refer to video for instructions on how to add magnet).
- Adhere layer of Designer Series Paper with large plaid to outside of flap.
- Fold the 3″ x 8″ on the score line and burnish with bone folder.
- If adding craft magnet, position small card base and add magnet to front of this base now, aligning with magnet added on flap of large base (refer to video).
- Adhere smaller card base to Designer Series Paper on the larger base. The flap on the smaller base will lay over the flap on the larger base.
- Stamp internal sentiment on Basic White layer in Soft Suede. Stamp leaves in upper and lower corners diagonally using So Saffron.
- Adhere layer to inside of small card base.
- Stamp external sentiment on the second Basic White layer using Soft Suede. Adhere to front of small card base.
- Die cut large wreath and bow in Pumpkin Pie (wreath die that matches the largest wreath stamp). Adhere to front Basic White layer.
- Stamp wreath in So Saffron. Die cut.
- Adhere die cut wreath on top of the Pumpkin Pie Wreath using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Turn the wreath slightly to allow Pumpkin Pie to “peek out.”
- Attach bow to wreath using Multipurpose glue.
- Using a gold colored pearl from the Red & Green Adhesive Backed Pearls, place one on center of bow and two more on white layer.
Additional Flip Up Joy Folds Using Cottage Wreaths Bundle
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.