Today, I am going to show you how to use Designer Series Paper with a “white strip in the middle”. As an added bonus, we are going to make six cards from that one piece of paper! This resulted from one of my customers asking me, how to use the paper with the “white strip in the middle?” I chuckled to myself, remembering I had thought the same thing, years back. Thus, my inspiration for this post and video.
Even though the focus is on a sheet found in Awash In Beauty from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog, we have seen the center white strip in other Designer Series Papers in the past. The card design is quick and easy, as well as, makes full use of the paper with little waste. All of the cardbases use Basic White Thick Cardstock with a layer of cardstock that matches the color in the Designer Series Paper. I, often, leave the insides blank until I know to whom I am sending the card and the circumstances.
Ready to get started? The video, below, provides: instructions for cutting the paper and instructions for assembly. Further down in the post are the measurements, supplies and instructions. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know thoughts!
- Basic White Thick Cardstock:
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Cardstock Layer: match the colors in DSP
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scraps to matte sentiments, if desired
- Basic White:
- Scraps for sentiments, if desired
- Designer Series Paper:
- 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cut Designer Series Paper (DSP) at 6″ down the center of the white strip.
- Using the 2 halves of paper, cut six layers 3 3/4″ x 5″ with the white portion at the top. Keep scraps to use inside of card, if desired.
- Fold Basic White Thick Cardstock on scoreline.
- Adhere the layer of color cardstock on front of card base.
- If stamping sentiment directly on the white portion of the Designer Series Paper, stamp now.
- Attach DSP to the layer of colored cardstock on card front.
- Stamp sentiment using Tuxedo Black Momento ink on scrap Basic White.
- Trim, punch or die cut sentiment.
- If matting sentiment, cut, punch or die cut from a scrap of matching cardstock.
- Glue sentiment to matte, if desired.
- Adhere sentiment to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply three Brushed Brass Butterflies or embellishments, as desired.
- On the inside, adhere a 1/4″ strip of matching cardstock of DSP to the bottom or left side of card.
- Stamp inside sentiment, if desired.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.