If you know me, you know I absolutely love fun fold cards. Well, today, I am going to share the Triangle Pocket Fun Fold. This Fun Fold is quick, easy and fun to make. I love the versatility of the design and that it can be used with almost any stamp and/or die set. In the video below, I demonstrate using the Happiness Abounds Bundle and Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper. But, later in the video and further down in the post, I show you two more cards including a darling card using the Nuts About Squirrels Stamp set.
I chose the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper as it allows you to die cut the images from the paper using the Blossoming Happiness Dies. A quick and easy way to add beauty to your card. I chose Melon Mambo for the card base. The card design fits in a regular envelope, but be careful when adding images to the pocket that you stay within the lines of the card.
Ready to see how to make this quick and easy Triangle Pocket Fun Fold? Watch the video below for tips on scoring, cutting and designing your card! Further down, you will find the measurements, written instructions and supply list. Additionally, there are two more cards with ideas for design. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
Triangle Pocket Fun Fold Measurements
- Melon Mambo
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- 1/2″ x 4″ (2)
- scrap for sentiment
- Basic White
- 4 1/4″ x 5 3/8″
- scrap sentiment
- Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper
- First design: 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Second design: 1 3/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Melon Mambo Designer Series Paper3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
Triangle Pocket Fun Fold Instructions:
Making Triangle Pocket:
- Fold Melon Mambo 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 on scoreline and burnish with bone folder.
- Turn card base so 5 1/2″ is at the top. With a ruler and a pencil, make a tic mark at 2 3/4″ across the top.
- Measure down 2 3/4″ down from top right corner and make a tic mark.
- Measure down 2 3/4″ down from top left corner and make a tic mark.
- Line the middle mark on the top of the card base and the mark on the left side in the track of your trimmer. Using the scoring blade, score between the two marks.
- Line the middle mark on the top of the card base and the mark on the right side in the track of your trimmer. Using the scoring blade, score between the two marks.
- With the card base closed, fold along the score lines so that the two sides meet in the middle. (Refer to video, if needed).
- Adhere 1 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ Designer Series Paper to top of front fold above the triangle pocket.
- Close the two folds and adhere with scotch tape or washi tape to hold the two folds together, if desired.
- Position the 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ Designer Series Paper with opposite points aligned with the track of your trimmer. Cut in half. This will be in the shape of a triangle.
- Using Multipurpose Glue, adhere to the front of the pocket.
Completing the Inside of the Card
- If you do not intend to use the opposite side (second half of the triangle from #10) you will need to repeat step #10 with the Designer Series Paper you plan on using.
- Place the triangle along the edge of the trimmer lining up the center point of the triangle in the track. Cut in half.
- Adhere 1/2″ x 4″ card stock to the long edge of both triangles leaving approximately an 1/8″ edge.
- Trim excess off from ends.
- Stamp sentiment on Basic White 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8.”
- Adhere triangle to bilateral lower corners of Basic White layer so that they meet in the middle.
- Adhere layer to inside of card base.
Decorating the Pocket
- Using the Blossoming Happiness Dies, cut several flowers and leaves of various colors from the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper.
- Arrange die cuts within and along pocket using Stampin’ Dimensionals and Multipurpose Glue or Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Basic White and trim or die cut.
- Adhere sentiment to Melon Mambo trimmed 1/8″ larger than the sentiment.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, attach greeting to Triangle Pocket.
Additional Triangle Pocket Fun Fold Cards
Stay Up To Dat
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.