For today’s card, I chose to use one of the Perfect Partners Bundles, specifically, the Apple Harvest Bundle. The theme for my card is “thank you.” I use more “thank you” cards than anything else. Likely, because I feel it is important to express appreciation and gratitude for the actions of others, no matter how small. Additionally, my Apple Harvest Thank You card is part of the Crafty Collaborations Thank You Blog Hop. The “blog hop” is made up of demonstrators from around the world sharing projects within a theme. At the end of my post, I hope you will take the time and “hop” along for some inspiration and ideas from talented demonstrators world wide!
If you know me, you know I love to color. The stamped images in the Apple Harvest Bundle are perfect for watercoloring. I wanted the image of the apple to look “life-like” with variation in color. I used an apple I had from the orchard as a model to choose my colors. Once watercolored, the images were die cut and “popped up” with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The Timber 3D Embossing Folder provided the appearance of a tree trunk and the texture for which I was looking. The Glossy Dots Assortment was perfect for the center of the apple blossoms. I, often, leave the inside of my cards blank until I am ready to send them. That allows me to choose an appropriate greeting or write a personalized note.
- Basic White Thick (card base)
- 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Granny Apple Green
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- scraps (die cut leaves)
- Soft Suede
- 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ (embossed layer)
- Petal Pink
- scraps (die cut flowers)
- Basic White
- 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inside layer)
- scrap (sentiment)
- Celebrate Everything Designer Series Paper
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (layer)
- 3/8″ x 5″ (inside strip)
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
- 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Fold card base on scoreline, burnish with bone folder.
- Apply layer of Designer Series Paper to card front.
- Dry emboss Soft Suede layer using Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere Soft Suede layer to left side of card front.
- Stamp image on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper using Stazon Ink.
- Watercolor images using: Real Red, Poppy Parade and Mango Melody for apple; Soft Suede for branch; Petal Pink for apple blossoms; Granny Apple Green, Mossy Meadow and Mango Melody for leaves; Pale Papaya for inside of apple.
- Die cut watercolored image when dry and adhere to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut large leaf (1), small leaf (2), large apple blossoms (2).
- Adhere leaves (Stampin’ Dimensionals) and apple blossoms (Multipurpose Glue) to card front.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap Basic White and trim, as desired.
- Adhere sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Glue 3/8″ x 5″ strip to inside layer of Basic White.
- Attach Basic White layer to Granny Apple Green layer with Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere combined to layer to inside of card.
- Apply Glossy Dots Assortment, Daffodil Delight, to center of apple blossoms and sentiment, as desired.
I hope you enjoyed my Apple Harvest Thank You card. Now, please “hop” along with me to see the more inspiration and ideas from talented Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world!
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.