Lately, I have needed more “get well” cards than I have in the past. I love Fun Fold cards, so I decided to do a W Fold with the Speedy Recovery Stamp Set for a “stepped-up” Get Well card! The Speedy Recovery Stamp Set is comprised of “distinctive” stamps for detailed images. I used a color combo from the 2022-2024 In Color Coach. Primarily because, it forced me out of my comfort zone to use colors I wouldn’t ordinarily use, together.
Blushing Bride was used for, both, the inside and outside of the card. The outside made use of cardstock embossed with the Gingham Embossing Folder, while the inside used Blushing Bride Designer Series Paper. Overall, I was pretty pleased with the end result.
The video below provides the instructions and some tips for constructing the card. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supplies and written instructions. Scroll down to the bottom to download the 2022-2024 Color Coach. I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of the colors!
- Sweet Sorbet Card Base:
- 4 1/4″ x 11, score at 5 1/2″
- Blushing Bride:
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (layer)
- Basic Black:
- 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (layer)
- Basic White:
- 3″ x 3″ (layer)
- scrap for greeting
- Sweet Sorbet DSP:
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- Basic White:
- 2″ x 2″ (4)
- Basic Black:
- 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ (4)
- Basic White Strip:
- 1″ x 11″, score at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/4″
- Fold card base on score line using a Bone Folder for a good crease.
- Dry emboss Blushing Bride layer using the Gingham Embossing Folder.
- Adhere Blushing Bride layer to card front.
- Stamp bouquet image on 3″ x 3″ Basic White layer. Color image either with Stampin’ Write Markers or Stampin’ Blends.
- Using Multipurpose Glue adhere stamped layer to Basic Black 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Attach combined layer above to front of card.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper layers to inside of card.
- Using Basic White Strip fold from top down
- Glue only the top and bottom sections of the strip to inside of the card.
- Stamp greetings and images to the four Basic White squares and adhere to the Basic Black squares using Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere each of the combined squares to the middle of a section of the white strip.
- Stamp external greeting on scrap of Basic White; die cut using circle.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals attach greeting to front.
- Apply three Matte Decorative Dots to card front, if desired.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.