Today, I used the Bottled Happiness Bundle to make a fun Shaker card. The bundle consists of the Bottled Happiness Stamp Set and the Vintage Bottle Punch. For the “shaker” portion of the card, I used the Vintage Bottle Shaker Domes. I love that Stampin’ Up! makes the plastic domes for some of the punches. The domes make it so easy to make a Shaker card, that even my seven year old granddaughter can do it with a little help!
I chose to use Sweet Sorbet and Soft Succulent…two of my favorite colors. To add some texture and dimension, I dry embossed a layer of Sweet Sorbet using the Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder. I, even, carried the embossed layer over to the inside of the card! It was important, that my bottle not look like it was floating in mid-air or “just hanging out.” A small layer of Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper provided the look of a tablecloth or table. The Effervescent Elements are so fun and provide some “bling” to the card front. Add some gems and a bow and you are done!
Watch the video below to see how to use the bundle, domes and Effervescent Elements to make this cute shaker card. Further down, you will find the measurements, written instructions and supply list. Additionally, there is one more card. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
Bottled Happiness Shaker Card Measurement
- Basic White Thick (cardbase)
- 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Sweet Sorbet
- 4 1/8″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic White
- 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ (outside layer)
- 3 3/4″ x 4 5/8″ (inside layer)
- 2″ x 3″ (back for dome)
- Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper
- 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Line up the edge of Sweet Sorbet with the black line on the Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder and run through the Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Using your trimmer, cut the embossed portion to 5 3/8.” You should now have a layer 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8.”
- Adhere layer to front of Basic White Thick card base.
- Slide the outside layer of Basic White to the bottom of the Vintage Bottle Punch. Punch out bottle.
- Using the strip of Designer Series paper, repeat step #4. This will punch out just the bottom of the bottle. Set aside.
- Stamp flowers (Sweet Sorbet) on the Basic White layer just above the punched-out bottle.
- Stamp the leaves (Soft Succulent). Line up with the stamped flowers as this is a two-step stamp.
- Stamp sentiment along left side of Basic White layer.
- Remove the backing on the front of the Vintage Bottle Shaker Dome and adhere to back of Basic White stamped layer.
- Fill the Shaker Dome with Effervescent Elements, as desired.
- Remove the backing on the dome and adhere Basic White 2″ x 3″ and press to seal.
- Adhere punched strip of Designer Series Paper to the front bottom of the layer. Trim edges.
- Adhere Basic White layer to front of card.
- Trim the remaining Sweet Sorbet to 4 1/4″ x 5 3/8″ for the inside layer. Trimming should be from the edge that is not embossed.
- Adhere Sweet Sorbet to inside of card with the embossed edge at the bottom.
- Stamp internal greeting on Basic White 3 3/4″ x 4 5/8″.
- Stamp partial floral and leaf image as on card front in the lower right corner, if desired.
- Adhere layer to inside of card just above the Sweet Sorbet embossed edge (as shown below).
- Add gems and bow to card front, as desired.
Bottled Happiness Shaker Card Inside
Additional Bottled Happiness Bundle Shaker Card
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.