I use to shy away from distinctive stamps. Why, I’m not really sure! So when the Sale-a-bration Brochure came out, I immediately fell in love with the Calming Camellia Stamp Set! The Calming Camellia Stamp Set is found in the back of the Sale-a-bration Brochure.
One of the new programs I started with 2022 is a monthly card challenge. I hold it on my Facebook Page, Simply Kards by Kathi. This month is a Sketch Challenge that I designed. I used the Calming Camellia Stamp for the card I made as an example for the challenge. The Sketch and my card are listed below. For the card, I used a black and white theme with Melon Mambo for the stamp. I loved it so much, I made four more. For each card, I used different colors. They are show throughout this post. Hop on over to my Facebook Page and join in on the Challenge!
Click on the image below to watch the video on how to make these darling cards and matching envelopes. At the end of this post, leave me a comment telling me which card is your favorite!
Click Below to Subscribe to My YouTube Channel
Card from Video
Additional Cards Using Calming Camellia
What is it that I want you to take away from the post. Most importantly, I started with a Sketch! The Sketch is an idea. An idea that you can likely apply to any stamp or die set. Remember, I want to provide you with ideas that you can take and make yours!
- Basic Black Card Stock –
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Scrap for backing greeting
- Basic White Card Stock –
- 3″ x 4″
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Scrap for greeting
- Designer Series Paper –
- 2″ x 5 1/2″
- 5/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Fold card stock on the score line.
- Attach 2″ x 5 1/2″ DSP to front of the card.
- On 3″ x 4″ Basic White stamp your image. If your image is large, consider using the Stamparatus. This allows you to re-ink and re-stamp if needed.
- Adhere stamped image to front of card with either glue or Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting on scrap of Basic White with Tuxedo Black Moments Ink.
- Die cut your stamped greeting and Basic Black using Layering Circle Dies. Sizes will depend on your greeting.
- Adhere greeting to card front.
- Attach 5/8″ x 5 3/8″ DSP to right side of Basic White 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Stamp internal and adhere card stock to inside of card.
Stay Up to Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive a email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales, classes, tutorials, challenges and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.