Easy children’s birthday cards are guaranteed when you use the Hippo Happiness Stamp set and Hippo & Friends Dies. Whether used together or alone, you will have darling birthday cards. The Hippo Happiness is a two-step stamp providing a variety of images including: a hippo, naturally, a ewe, and a horse, easily made into a unicorn! Additionally, flowers, balloons and butterfly add to the celebration! While the set is great for children’s cards, the greetings add special fun for adult cards, too! Since my cards were for grandchildren, I chose to use “A Grand Kid” Stamp Set for the greetings. Today’s card was inspired cased from Stacey Krats.
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to make the cards shown below. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supply list and written instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know which card you like best!
- Flirty Flamingo or Pool Party
- 5 1/4″ x 5 1/2″; scored along 5 1/2″ side at 1″; 4″ x 4″;3″ x 3″
- Basic White
- 4″ x 5 x 1/4″; 3 7/8″x 3 7/8″; 2″x2″; scraps for stamping greeting, image and balloons
- Pattern Party Designer Series Paper
- 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- Burnish the fold of 5 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ base of Flirty Flamingo or Pool Party.
- Adhere 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ strip of Designer Series Paper to the fold.
- Emboss Basic White 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ using Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, if desired
- Adhere this layer to 4″ x 4″ Flirty Flamingo or Pool Party
- Position the combined 4″ x 4″ layer in the middle of the card base. Ensure that the layer is even with the base of the card.
- Apply an adhesive to the very top of the 4″ x 4″ layer.
- Close flap from fold over this layer applying pressure so it adheres.
- Ahere 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ strip of Designer Series Paper to inside of the fold where the flap and card base join.
Stamping and Dies
- Die cut the second largest scallop-like die using 3″ x 3″ Flirty Flamingo or Pool Party
- Die cut smallest scallop-like die using 2″ x 2″ Basic White
- Stamp image of horse (Flirty Flamingo) or hippo (Smoky Slate). This is a two-step stamp. Therefore, stamp-off the first image. Do not stamp off with second step.
- Stamp 3 balloons (Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody or Misty Moonlight)
- Die cut horse or hippo and balloons
- Glue horse/hippo to Basic White scallop-like die cut
- For a unicorn, stamp horn between ears directly onto white scallop
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals apply white scallop-like die cut to the Flirty Flamingo or Pool Party Scallop
- Glue this layer to right side of front flap
- Cut a 10″ piece of Twine or Linen Thread. Wrap around a pencil or Pick Tool to curl
- Cut 3 pieces to attach to back of balloons using a glue dot.
- Glue 2 balloons to left front flap.
- Apply Stampin’ Dimensional to back of third balloon and position in front of the other two balloons.
- Stamp greeting on Basic White Card stock. Cut to fit front of card and adhere.
- Stamp greeting if desired on 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White and adhere to inside of card
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.
Leave a Reply