Today’s project is part of the Crafty Challenge Blog Hop! This month it is a color challenge using: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Fresh Freesia and Garden Green. This time of year, I am thinking Fall: oranges, yellows, reds. So this truly was a color challenge! Luckily, I quickly thought of using the Cottage Wreaths Bundle with a fun fold design. I hope you enjoy today’s color challenge card. When you get to the end of this post, please “hop” on to the next blog listed below to see more beautiful projects by talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world.
- Fresh Freesia:
- 7 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 3″
- 1 1/2″ x 4″, scored at 1″ (hinge)
- Basic White
- 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- scrap for sentiment
- Basic Black
- 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- scrap for matting sentiment
- Fresh Freesia Designer Series Paper
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Garden Green
- Scrap to cut one wreath
- Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper (Smoky Slate)
- 2 7/8″ x 5 3/8″
- 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ (2)
- Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper (Garden Green)
- 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Score 7 1/4” x 5 1/2” Fresh Freesia at 3”; fold and burnish with bone folder.
- Score 1 1/2” x 4” Fresh Freesia at 1”; fold and burnish.
- Adhere 1” fold of the 1 1/2” x 4” (hinge) to inside of card. Match the fold line with the edge of the card and center up & down.
- Adhere the Basic Black square over the front of the hinge.
- Make sure, when hinge closes, these pieces are centered on card front.
- Adhere the Smoky Slate Gingham Cottage Designer Paper to the left side of the card and both sides of the Basic Black square as shown in the photo.
- Attach Fresh Freesia Designer Series Paper to card inside.
- Using the two detailed wreath dies, cut the larger one from scrap of Garden Green and the other from the Garden Green Gingham Cottage Designer Series Paper.
- Glue the Garden Green Gingham wreath to the solid green wreath along the center line of the wreath.
- Adhere the layered wreath using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the square front flap.
- Stamp greeting on Basic White and trim.
- Cut Basic Black matte 1/8″ larger than the greeting.
- Adhere Basic White greeting to the Basic Black matte. Attach to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp internal sentiment on Basic White inside layer, if desired.
- Stamp leaf branch in lower right corner inside layer with Garden Green.
- Using Mini Glue Dots, adhere Open Leaf Trinkets to wreath and one to the leaf branch on the inside of the card, as shown.
- Tie a bow using Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon. Adhere to wreath with Mini Glue Dot.
On To The Blog Hop…
I hope you enjoyed my card. Now, it is time to be inspired by all the amazing projects from several other talented Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world! Hop on to the next one!
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.