Looking for a fun stamp set to have some creative crafting time? I guarantee you will have fun with Flowering Rain Boots by Stampin’ Up! When I first saw this bundle in the January – June 2022 Mini Catalog, hundreds of ideas came to mind. The versatility of the stamp set is so great, there is no way you will not have fun with Flowering Rain Boots! Perfect for showers, get well, birthdays, thinking of you, inspiration and more, you are certain to have beautiful cards. The cards below , I focused on the use of the watering can. You will even see how to have some fun paper piecing.
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to make the cards shown below. Further down in the post, are the measurements, list of supplies and instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know which card you like best!
- Pool Party: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2,” scored at 4 1/4”
- Basic White: 3 1/2” x 5 1/2”; 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” (inside)
- So Saffron: 3″ x 5 1/2″
- Basic White: Scraps for stamping
- Designer Series Paper: scraps for die cutting pots
- Fold So Saffron or Pool Party 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” on scoreline.
- Dry emboss Basic White 3 1/2” x 5 1/2” using Tasteful Textile EF
- Stamp external greeting in lower right corner of 3” x 5 1/2” DSP or on a scrap piece of Basic White and fussy cut.
- Adhere DSP or embossed cardstock 3” x 5 1/2” to the embossed Basic White layer
- Adhere the combined layer to the front of card base.
- Stamp 2 pots and watering can in Smoky Slate. The pots can be die cut from scraps of DSP instead of stamping.
- Stamp stems & leaves in Soft Succulent, daisies in Mango Melody or Fresh Freesia and tulips and Polished Pink or Magenta Madness. Die cut all.
- Cut a slit in one of the pots.
- Cut leaves in 2 bunches at the break in color. Take the larger bunch of leaves and insert into the pot with slit. Adhere to back of pot.
- Glue pot and leaves to front panel.
- Trim two tulips off on the left side. Adhere to card base over stems.
- Using small Stampin Dimensionals adhere larger bunch tulips to stems.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere second pot and daisies to front panel.
- Adhere watering can to front of card so that it appears to be watering the flowers.
- Place 3 Silver and Clear Epoxy Essentials for drops of water to card front, if desired.
- Place a Brushed Brass Butterfly near flowers, if desired.
- On Basic White 4 1/8” x 5 3/8” stamp a flower pot or use a pot cut from DSP and adhere in lower right corner. Adhere a daisy to flower pot.
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.