So what is the faux tearing technique? It is a technique that allows you to create a faux torn edge using a scrap of paper and sponges. It allows me to create a clean and simple card by providing a “pop” of color. Typically, I finish it off with an image stamped in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink or another dark color. It is a quick and easy technique that results in a lovely card.
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to do the faux technique. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supply list and written instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know which card you like best!
Measurements and Scoring
- Daffodil Delight (Sweet Sorbet
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic Black
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Scrap to matte greeting
- Basic White Cardstock
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (inside)
- Scrap for external greeting if desired
- Fold Daffodil Delight on scoreline
- Adhere Basic Black layer to front of card.
- Use either a large “Post It” Note or a piece of lightweight scrap paper. Cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Carefully tear the paper with soft waves or curves.
- If using a non-adhesive paper, apply a removable adhesive to the back and apply to 4″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White .
- Use either a sponge or a blending brush. Using the first color, start on the edge of your scrap and stroke or blend out toward the edge of the Basic White layer. Repeat until you achieve the depth of color you desire and the portion of the layer that you want colored.
- Repeat the process for #6 using the second color on the remaining white area for the layer.
- Stamp your image over the colors using either Tuxedo Black Momento Ink or another dark color.
- Adhere this layer Basic Black on card front.
- Stamp greeting on scrap of Basic White. Trim to size.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black 1/8″ larger than your greeting.
- Glue greeting to Basic Black in # 11.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals attach greeting to front of card.
- Apply 3 Black Matte Dots to card front, if desired.
- Stamp internal greeting on Basic White 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and adhere to inside of card.
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.