I am excited to, again, be participating in Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights Gallery for July 2022. The theme for the monthly gallery is “thank you.” Something we, all too often, forget to express. This month, I decided on a darling fun fold using the Sweet Songbirds Stamp Set and punch. The design for this card was inspired by a fun fold I had seen by Patty Bennett at Patty Stamps. As this particular fun fold has a focal point for which I felt the darling images from Sweet Songbirds were perfect.
My color inspiration came from two different patterns from Rings of Love Designer Series Paper. This paper is in the 2022 July – August Sale-a-Bration Brochure. The bright cheerful colors paired well with the “sweet songbirds.” The colors for this card are: Poppy Parade, Parakeet Party and Blushing Bride.
The top 10 entries with the highest number of votes will get to go on and participate in an International Blog Hop at the end of the month. If you would consider taking a moment and vote for my card, I would greatly appreciate it! Directions for voting are down below.
The video below will show you instructions and tips for making the card. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supply list and written instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of this fun fold.
Sweet Songbirds Fun Fold Measurements:
- Poppy Parade:
- 8 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Parakeet Party
- 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Basic White:
- 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ (3)
- 1/14″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- Scraps for stamping
- Designer Series Paper (first pattern)
- 1 1/4″ x 5″ (2)
- Designer Series Paper (second pattern)
- 1 1/4″ x 5″
- 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Score Poppy Parade card base on 8 1/4″ side at 1 3/4″, 3 1/4″, 5″, 6 1/2″
- Adhere the 3 Basic White panels (1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″) to the first, third and fifth sections of the card base.
- Adhere the 2 Basic White panels (1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″) to the second and fourth sections of the card base.
- Adhere the first pattern of Designer Series Paper to the Basic White panels of the first and fifth sections.
- Adhere the second pattern of Designer Series Paper (1 1/4″ x 5″) to the Basic White panel of the middle section.
- Fold on the score lines: fold the first score line in towards the center; fold the second score line back; fold the third score line back; fold the last score line toward the center. Your card base should like like the photo.
- Using the third largest Deckled Rectangle Die cut base for your focal layer using Parakeet Party.
- Next, using 3″ x 4 1/4″ Designer Series Paper die cut using the fourth largest Deckled Rectangle Die.
- Stamp tree branch on Designer Series Paper layer from #8.
- Adhere to Parakeet Party.
- Stamp nest (Soft Suede), larger bird and wing (Poppy Parade).
- On bird, stamp eyes (Tuxedo Black), beak (Crushed Curry)
- Fussy cut nest; punch out bird and wing.
- Assemble on focal layer (Parakeet Party & DSP)
- Stamp sentiment on Basic White and fussy or die cut. Adhere to focal layer.
- Stamp notes on focal layer, if desired.
- Adhere focal layer to center of card using Multipurpose glue or “Tear and Tape.”
How To Vote
Click on the button above or here. You will see all the entries. Please look for my photo #18. Go to the right hand corner of my photo and you will see a clear heart. Click on the heart and it should turn red to show that you have voted. You have the ability to vote for up to five different entries, but, you can also vote just once. The decision is yours. Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to vote.
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.
Kim Kroeker says
Such a cute card, Kathi! It makes me happy! 😊
Thank you, Kim! So happy you enjoyed it!
Kylie Bertucci says
What a sweet card Kathi! Thanks for being part of my International log Highlights this month and all the best with voting!
Thank you, Kylie! Always so much fun participating with so many talented demonstrators!
Melva Peters says
Cute card! Love the colours
Thank you, Melva!
Robbie Susan Chandler says
This card is so cute and a great fold! Best of luck with the voting!
Thank you, Robbie! Good luck to you, too!
Alison Solven says
Oh my gosh – what a sweet and cheery card. Love the fun fold and the video!
Thank you, Alison! So glad you enjoyed it!
Liane Gorny - Jungle Cards says
great fun fold card
Thank you, Liane!
Katja Martins says
Cute card! I Love the colours.
Thank you, Katja!
Kelley Pitts says
Such a happy little bird! You can almost hear her tweeting out her song!
Thank you, Kelley! I think so, too!