Have you ever wondered what to do with all the scraps of paper you have left over from making cards and other projects. I sure do! Particularly, this time of year when a new catalog with all new Designer Series Paper is about to launch! Well, no worries! Hopefully, the cards below will give you some ideas for how to use your scraps combined with simple stamping to make attractive cards. CASE these or use them as “jumping blocks” to let your mind go “wild” and create some of your own!
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to make the card. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supply list and written instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know which card you like best!
Measurements and Scoring
- Pale Papaya
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Calypso Coral
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- Designer Series Paper
- 1″ squares (4) or
- 1″ squares (3) and 1″ x 1 3/4″ (3)
- 1/4″ x 5″
- Basic White Cardstock
- 3 3/4″ x 5″ (2)
- Scrap for external greeting if desired
- Fold Pale Papaya on scoreline
- Adhere Calypso Coral layer to front of card.
- Either, arrange four 1″ squares on a diagonal along left side of Basic White 3 3/4″ x 5″ OR three 1″ squares with three 1″ x 1 3/4″ pieces of paper in center as shown above. Once positioned, adhere with Multipurpose Glue. If using 1″ x 1 3/4″ pieces, consider using Stampin’ Dimensionals for one of these pieces to add some dimension.
- Stamp image on Basic White layer either to the right or below the adhered scraps.
- Stamp greeting directly over the image.
- Adhere this layer to Calypso Coral on card front.
- Add embellishment, if desired. (Artistry Blooms Sequins were used on samples).
- Glue 1/4″ x 5″ strip of paper to Basic White Layer 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamp internal greeting, if desired.
- Adhere this layer to Calypso Coral 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Attach combined layer to inside of card.
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.