Pocket cards are quick, easy and a great way to use up Designer Series Paper! With the new annual catalog approaching and the retirement of several Designer Series Papers I have been busy making several of these cards. In addition to using up paper, they are versatile and easy to use with a variety of stamps. I, particularly, like to use them with a window cutout from a die or punch. But, you can just as easily stamp and image and adhere it to the front of the pocket, as shown in the middle card below.
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to make the card. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supply list and written instructions. Leave me a comment below and let me know which card you like best!
Measurements and Scoring
- Designer Series Paper
- 9″ x 6″; See scoring instructions below
- Matching Cardstock
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Basic White Cardstock
- 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Scrap for external greeting if desired
- Burnish the score lines.
- With the mitered edge at the bottom, die cut your window in the section between the two score lines. Place your die (circle, square, etc) where you would like the opening in the front of the pocket.
- Fold the 6″ x 4 1/4″ section behind the window. This is the back of the pocket.
- Apply Tear & Tape to the back edges of the 1/2″ folds on the bottom and side of the card.
- Fold the mitered edge (bottom) up and adhere to the back of the pocket.
- Fold the the 1/2″ side over onto the back of the pocket.
- Using either a small circle die or a 1 1/4″ punch, cut a half-circle at the top of the pocket.
- Align the Basic White layer on the 4″ x 5 1/4″ cardstock.
- Place this combined layer inside the pocket.
- Stamp the image on the Basic White layer using the opening on the front of the pocket as your guide. Be careful not to stamp outside the opening.
- Remove the layers.
- Fold a 4″ piece of ribbon in half. Place a glue dot on the back and front of the ribbon near the ends.
- Adhere this to the center top of the cardstock.
- Attach Basic White layer to cardstock.
- Stamp greeting, die cut/punch for outer pocket, if desired. Adhere to front of pocket.
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.