It is time for another Stampin’ Dreams Blog Hop! We are a group of demonstrators from around the world who love to share what we’ve created. We hoping to provide you with some inspiration! The theme for today’s Hop is Halloween. I decided to share a Bewitching Halloween Card. I, rarely, purchase Halloween stamps because of the limited time that I can use them. However, I do love the the Bewitching Stamp Set and Witch Hat Builder Punch as I can use it for cards, treat bags and boxes.
I wanted my Halloween card to have the look of a “spooky forest” or woods. To achieve that effect, I paired the Bewitching Bundle with the Aspen Tree Dies. Then, I cut the tree die from Basic Black. The background was created on a layer of Very Vanilla with Blending Brushes. The colors were Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight. Witch’s feet and a few spiders hanging from the tree branches contributed to the look of a “spooky forest.” Stampin’ Dimensionals used to combine the layers, added interest and depth to the card front. A witch’s hat, colored with Parakeet Party, Highland Heather and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends adds the final touch. Since the Bewitching Stamp Set does not have sentiments, I used the “Boo” from Cottage Wreaths.
Bewitching Halloween Card Measurement
- Basic black
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ (cardbase)
- 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (layer)
- scrap for stamping witch hat
- Very Vanilla
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2)
- scrap for stamping hat
- Fold the card in half on the scoreline and burnish with bone folder.
- Die cut trees using Aspen Tree Dies on Basic Black layer.
- Create background on layer of Very Vanilla using Highland Heather, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight and Blending Brushes.
- Stamp the witch’s feet (at the center bottom of the blended layer) and three spiders using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink.
- Color the witch’s socks using Parakeet Party and Highland Heather Stampin’ Blends or Stampin Write Markers.
- Place several Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the Basic Black die cut layer and adhere to blended layer with stamped images.
- Adhere combined layers to card front using either Multipurpose Glue or Stampin’ Seal+.
- Stamp witch’s hat on scrap of Very Vanilla. Color image and punch out using Witch Hat Builder Punch.
- Adhere hat to the front upper left corner.
- Stamp: the legs (center bottom), spider (diagonally in the upper corners) and “Boo” or other sentiment on the second layer of Very Vanilla.
- Adhere layer to inside of card.
I hope you enjoyed my card and it provided you with some inspiration. To see what other demonstrators in our group have designed, join me in “hopping” on to the next blog post.
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.