Make Halloween special with Halloween treat boxes using Stampin’ Up!’s Pretty Pillowbox Dies. These treat boxes not only quick and easy, but they are fun to make! These Halloween treat boxes are perfect for miniature or snack size candy bars and treats. For mine, I used Hershey Nuggets and was able to fit three in each treat box.
I wanted to keep the Halloween treat boxes simple. After all, they are for children and their goal is simply to get to the candy inside the treat box! The treat boxes are made using the Perfectly Penciled and Celebrate Everything Designer Series Papers. But, you could even use the Paper Pumpkin or Black and White Cottage Gingham Designer Series Paper. I finished the treat boxes with either a tag or the witch’s hat from the Bewitching Bundle. As Bewitching is my only Halloween stamp set and does not have any sentiments, I chose to use the sentiment, “Boo,” from Cottage Wreaths Stamp Set. I am a huge proponent of “using what you have!” Add a little ribbon or twine and you are done!
Watch the video below to see how to make these fun Halloween Treat Boxes. Further down, you will find the measurements, written instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think.
Halloween Treat Box Measurements
- Designer Series Paper:
- 4 1/2″ x 6″
- Mango Melody:
- Scrap for tag
- Basic White:
- Scrap for stamping witch’s hat
Instructions Using Ribbon or Twine:
- Cut one pillow box using the die.
- Fold along the score lines of the flap and middle using a bone folder.
- Fold the sides of the pillowbox using your fingers.
- Apply adhesive of choice to the inside of the front side flap.
- Fold the back side flap toward the front and fold the front side flap over it aligning the edges.
- Place your index finger inside the pillowbox and with your thumb on the outside, press the side flaps together.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 on the other side.
- Die cut the tag using scrap cardstock
- Stamp or write sentiment on tag.
- Using a piece of 8″ ribbon, wrap around the pillowbox starting in the back and over the top and bottom. If needed, adhere ribbon to back with a Mini Glue Dot or Stamp & Seal.
- Feed ribbon through the whole in the tag and tie a square not.
- Trim ends of the ribbon.
Instructions Using Bewitching Stamp Set
- Follow steps 1 – 7 above.
- Place a small piece of Stamp &Seal+ on the underside of the front flap.
- Fold the flap closed and press to seal the front of the pillow.
- Stamp witch’s hat from Bewitching Stamp Set on Basic White.
- Color as desired using Stampin’ Blends or Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Using Witch Hat Builder Punch, punch out hat.
- Using Pick Tool and Piercing Mat poke a hole in the top of the hat.
- Feed either 3″ of ribbon or twine through the hole in the hat.
- Tie a knot in the ribbon or twine.
- Adhere to the front using either Mini Glue Dots or Stamp & Seal+.
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.