I am very excited to share Perched In A Tree Bundle for Day 1 of “sneak peek” week. This bundle is so versatile! While you find it in the 2022 July – December Mini Catalog, it is definitely, a stamp set and dies that can be used year round. The sentiment fonts are a combination of print and script, adding interest to the card. There are two background stamps for dimension and texture.
Today’s card uses the bird and tree branch. Because the images are water colored, I used Stazon Black Ink. Stazon ink will not run with watercolors. When watercoloring, I find Shimmery White Cardstock or Watercolor Paper works best. For today’s card, I chose to use Stampin’ Up!’s Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. Throughout the video, I will provide you with lots of “tips and tricks” for watercoloring.
Ready to get started? The video, below, demonstrates and provides instructions for the cards below. Further down in the post are the measurements, supplies and instructions. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Crumb Cake or Soft Suede: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- Crumb Cake or Soft Suede: 4″ x 5 1/4″(layer)
- Very Vanilla: 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- Very Vanilla: scrap for sentiment
- Watercolor Paper: 3″ x 5″ for stamping bird and tree branch
- So Saffron: scraps for leaves
- Fold card base on scoreline, burnish with bone folder.
- Using Leaf Fall 3D Embossing Folder, emboss layer 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer that matches the card base.
- Adhere layer to front of card with Multipurpose Glue.
- Using Black Stazon Ink, stamp bird and tree branch on Watercolor Paper. Let dry a few minutes.
- Using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink, stamp bird on lower left corner of Very Vanilla inside layer. This should not be a full image.
- Stamp greeting on scrap of Very Vanilla. Punch out using Lasting Label Punch.
- Die cut two sets of leaves using scrap of So Saffron.
- Using a dauber, apply layer of Mango Melody sporadically throughout the leaves.
- Using a Watercolor Painter, paint bird using Tahitian Tide and Pale Papaya, as shown in video.
- Using Crumb Cake or Soft Suede, paint the tree branch. Use the color opposite of what was used for the cardbase.
- Die cut bird and tree branch.
- Adhere branch and leaves to cardbase with Multipurpose Glue.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, “pop up” bird and sentiment.
- Adhere stamped layer of Very Vanilla to inside of card.
- Apply Iridescent Pearls to front of card. If desired, color pearls with Stampin’ Blends Marker to change color.
Additional Tips & Tricks
On this card, the Soft Suede layer was “spritzed” lightly with water prior to embossing. This softens the fibers of the paper and allows for a more dramatic embossed image. Compare this to the card made using Crumb Cake.
The Iridescent Pearls on, both, cards were colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers. This can be done to rhinestones and gems to ensure you have the color you want.
I, often, leave my insides blank until I know who and the reason for sending my card. This allows me to personalize it to the individual or situation. It, also, allows me to write a personalized message if I so choose.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.