The third project of my 2022 Christmas In July Series uses the Lights Aglow Suite. This Suite is amazing and is made up of two stamp and die sets: Christmas Lights Bundle and Brightest Glow Bundle. The suite includes Glimmer Paper, Festive Foils and Lights Aglow Specialty Designer Paper! The Specialty Paper is gorgeous donning my favorite colors: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. Each sheet has gold incorporated throughout.
Today’s card uses the Christmas tree stamp from the Christmas Lights Bundle. I chose to stamp with Versamark Ink on Evening Evergreen and heat emboss using Gold Embossing Powder. I used Soft Succulent Lights Aglow Designer Series Paper for the background. As a focal point, I used the rectangular die from Labels Aglow with gold foil across the center of the card. I chose not to have an external sentiment so as not to detract from the design.
Ready to get started? The video, below, demonstrates how to make the card with tips for heat embossing and die cutting foil. Additionally, the measurements, instructions and supply list can be found further down in the post. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below as to which card you like, better!
- Evening Evergreen
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- 3″ x 4 1/2″ (stamping tree)
- Very Vanilla
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- Designer Series Paper
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (layer)
- 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ (inside)
- Gold Foil 1 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere layer of Designer Series Paper to card front.
- Using Versamark Ink, stamp tree image on Evening Evergreen.
- Apply Gold Embossing Powder and set with heat gun.
- Die cut embossed image.
- Apply an Adhesive Strip to back of Gold Foil.
- Using the large rectangle die from Labels Aglow, die cut using the Gold Foil.
- Remove adhesive backing and adhere foil to center of card front.
- Attach tree to front of card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply Festive Pearls (Cherry Cobbler) to tree.
- Adhere strip of Designer Paper to Very Vanilla Layer.
- Stamp Sentiment.
- Attach layer to inside of card.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.