Do you find it hard to make sympathy cards? I find myself asking: what’s the right color, stamp set, or sentiments? I wanted to make a heartfelt sympathy card. As I looked through my stamp sets, I decided on Stampin’ Up!’s Dragonfly Garden. I love the versatility of this stamp set. It can be used for any occasion.
I wanted my sympathy card to have some texture and dimension. The first layer is the same color as the card base. I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies for a finished edge and embossed with Timeworn Type. The focal point of my card is the floral stamped floral image from Dragonfly Garden. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color followed by dry embossing. I carried the image through on the inside of the card. The Splendid Day Designer Series Paper was used as a “peek-a-boo” layer for the floral image. I loved the finished card!
Ready to get started? Watch the video, below, as it will show how to make this card. Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Mint Macaroon/Soft Seafoam/Pool Party
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (die cut/embossed layer)
- Basic White
- 2 1/4″ x 5″ (layer for stamping)
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- scrap for sentiment
- Designer Series Paper
- 2 1/2″ x 5″ (layer)
Heartfelt Sympathy Card From Video
Instructions for Sympathy Card
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Using the largest Stitched Rectangle Die, die cut the 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer cardstock.
- Dry emboss layer using Timeworn Type; adhere to card front using Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere the layer of Designer Series Paper to the left on card front.
- Stamp floral image on 2 1/4″ x 5″ Basic White using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink. Allow to dry before coloring.
- Stamp half the floral image on the lower right corner of the Basic White inside layer.
- Color floral images using Stampin’ Write Markers. (So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Fresh Freesia and Mint Macaroon).
- Dry emboss 2 1/4″ x 5″ colored image with Timeworn Type Embossing Folder.
- Adhere to top of Designer Paper on card front using Multipurpose Glue.
- Stamp sentiment using Tuxedo Black Momento Ink on scrap Basic White; punch with scalloped oval punch.
- Make three loops using Linen Thread. Adhere at base of floral image.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals place sentiment over the thread.
- Stamp internal sentiment on inside layer; adhere to inside.
Additional Sympathy CardProduct List
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.