Sweet Candy Canes Bundle is the second in my 2022 Christmas In July Series. Today’s card is quick, easy and perfect for new stampers. I used the coordinating Designer Series Paper, Sweetest Christmas and die cut the candy cane images from the paper. While, the Deckled Rectangle dies were used for the layers, I am all about “using what you have.” If you don’t have the Deckled Rectangle dies, use the Stitched Rectangles or just cut two layers. Remember, these are ideas for inspiration…make it your own!
My card, Sweet Candy Canes Christmas Cheer is part of the Crafty Collaborations Stampin Dreams Blog Hop. The theme for today’s Hop is Christmas In July. At the end of my post, I hope you will take the time and “hop” along for some inspiration and ideas from talented demonstrators world wide!
Ready to get started? The video, below, demonstrates how to make the card with tips for papercrafting. Additionally, the measurements, instructions and supply list can be found further down in the post. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below.
- Garden Green
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- Basic White
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (outside and inside layer) (2)
- scrap for sentiment and stamping leaves
- Designer Series Paper
- 4″ x 5″ (layer)
- Designer Series Paper (candy canes)
Instructions: Sweet Candy Canes Christmas Cheer
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Die cut both Basic White layers using the largest Deckled Rectangle Die.
- Die cut the 4″ x 5 1/4″ Designer Series Paper using the second largest Deckled Rectangle Die.
- Adhere layer of Designer Series Paper to one of the Basic White layers.
- Die or “fussy” cut two candy canes from the Designer Series Paper.
- Stamp external sentiment and leaves (3) using Garden Green on a scrap of Basic White and die cut.
- Stamp internal greeting on the second layer of Basic White; attach layer to inside of card.
- Cross candy canes and secure with Mini Glue Dot.
- Adhere candy canes to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Take a 5″ piece of Real Red Ribbon and feed it through the holes of the sentiment tag; ribbon runs along the back of the tag.
- Place a Stampin’ Dimensional at each end of the tag and a Mini Glue Dot in the middle. Position tag over the candy canes and secure.
- Secure the ends of the ribbon to the back of the Basic White layer.
- Adhere layer to front of card.
- Attach leaves: 2 in openings of tag and one in lower right inside.
- Apply Red Rhinestones to card front and inside, if desired.
Stampin Dreams Blog Hop – Christmas In July
I hope you enjoyed my card! Are you ready to see some more examples of watercoloring from around the world? Then please join me as we “hop on” to the other blogs!Product List
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.
Diane Evans says
I love you card! thanks for sharing
Thank you, Diane! So appreciated!
Ginny Duncan says
One of my favourite sets – so Christmas-y!
Mo Rootes says
Such a classy looking card Kathi, love it x
Thank you, Mo!
Gez Carpenter says
Great card 🙂
Jill Hamlett says
This turned out so cute. Great Christmas card!
Thank you, Jill!
Great card, love that you continued the deckling inside as well.
Thank you, Terri!
Candy F Rattray says
Outstanding card! I especially like what you did with the Deckled Rectangles both inside and outside the card.
Candy, thank you for your kind comments!