Because July 2022 is World Watercolor Month, I wanted to demonstrate a variety of mediums to watercolor throughout the month. Today, I decided to watercolor with ink. The second inspiration for my card is that it is a part of the Crafty Collaborations Watercolor Blog Hop. The “blog hop” is made up of demonstrators from around the world sharing projects within a theme. As you scroll through to the end, please “hop along” and visit the other blogs for inspiration by these talented demonstrators.
I chose an image from Hand-Penned Petals to watercolor with ink. The color palette was inspired by Awash of Beauty Designer Series Paper which I incorporated into the card. Normally, I would use Stazon Ink for stamping my image, but because I wanted a lighter outline, I used Sahara Sand, instead.
Ready to get started? The video, below, demonstrates and provides tips on how to watercolor with ink. Additionally, the measurements, instructions and supply list can be found further down in the post. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Merry Merlot
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- Basic White
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- scrap for sentiment
- Petal Pink
- 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (die cut circle)
- Designer Series Paper (first pattern)
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (layer)
- Designer Series Paper (second pattern)
- 2″ x 5 1/4″ (layer)
- 3/8″ x 5 1/4″ (inside strip)
- Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper
Watercolor Card From Video
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere the 4″ x 5 1/4″ layer of Designer Series Paper to card front.
- Adhere the 2″ x 5 1/4″ layer of Designer Series Paper to the left on card front.
- Stamp image on Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper using either Stazon Ink or Crumb Cake. Allow to dry before watercoloring.
- Prepare acrylic blocks using either ink from pads or reinkers. (Refer to video, if needed)
- Water color images. Once dry, die cut.
- Die cut second largest circle from Stylish Shapes using Blushing Bride.
- Adhere watercolor image to circle.
- Attach circle to card front using Stampin Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment using Merry Merlot on scrap Basic White.
- Trim sentiment and adhere toward lower right card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere 3/8″ strip to inside Basic White layer.
- Stamp internal sentiment.
- Adhere layer to inside of card.
- Adhere three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to front of card.
I hope you enjoyed my card! Are you ready to see some more examples of watercoloring from around the world? Then please join me as we “hop on” to the other blogs!Product List
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.