For Day 2 of “Sneak Peek Week”, I am going to use the Gathered Wheat Stamp Set. This stamp set is paired with the Wheat Dies to create the Gathered Wheat Bundle. Shortly to debut in the 2022 July – December Mini Catalog, it is perfect for fall and Thanksgiving cards and projects. But in upcoming weeks, I will show you how to use this bundle beyond just that!
Today, I am going to make a quick and easy fun-fold. But not just any fun-fold. I am going to make a “window” fun-fold pairing the Gathered Wheat Stamp Set, Stylish Shapes Dies and the Gingham Embossing Folder for a beautiful card that says “thank you!” The first card I made with the Gathered Wheat stamp set, I used Starry Sky with the 2022 – 2024 In Colors Baker’s Twine. For the video, I decided to change it up and use Evening Evergreen with Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon. Two cards, but different looks….
Ready to get started? The video, below, demonstrates and provides instructions for the cards. Further down in the post are the measurements, supplies and instructions. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Evening Evergreen or Starry Sky: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- Evening Evergreen or Starry Sky: 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″(inside embossed layer)
- Basic White: 5″ x 8″ scored at 4″ (inside card)
- Basic White: scrap for sentiment
- So Saffron: scrap wheat, if desired (could use scrap matching card base)
- Fold card base on scoreline, burnish with bone folder.
- Using the largest circle from Stylish Dies, die cut a circle from the front of the cardbase.
- Emboss the front side of the card using the Gingham Embossing Folder.
- Using Gingham Embossing Folder, emboss inside layer 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″, set aside.
- Fold Basic White 5″ x 8″ on scoreline, burnish with bone folder.
- Place the Basic White card behind the circle. The fold of the white card should be on the right hand side. Using a pencil, lightly make “tic” marks around the edge of the circle. This will show placement for stamp.
- Remove the Basic White card. Stamp image of large wheat sheaf within the “tic marks” using Soft Suede. (Using the Stamparatus will allow for restamping, if needed).
- Color wheat sheaf using Stampin’ Blends: Light & Dark So Saffron and Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie as shown in the video.
- Stamp internal, sentiment on inside of Basic White, if desired.
- Adhere back of Basic White card to the inside back of the cardbase.
- Attach 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ embossed layer to the back of the front portion of the Basic White card. This will cover up the bleed-through from the Stampin’ Blends.
- Die cut a small wheat from a scrap piece of cardstock. Use either So Saffron or a scrap the same color as your card base. Adhere to lower right corner of Basic White inside.
- Stamp internal sentiment, if desired.
- Stamp external greeting using same color as card base. Die cut greeting using small, wide banner from Stylish Shapes Dies.
- Adhere sentiment to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a small bow using Evening Evergreen Open Weave Ribbon. Adhere to Wheat Sheaf using Glue Dot.
- Apply Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewel(s) to card front, if desired.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.
Leave a Reply