Have you ever wondered what to do with all the scraps that you collect from paper crafting. Well, in the past, I tended to save ALL of them, and I do mean all. Recently, I have become “more selective” in what I save. I knew that someday, they would come in handy for something. Well, in the last week, they did! I was challenged in one of my FB groups to design a card using scraps of paper. I procrastinated because anyone that knows me well, knows, I have always thought of myself as more analytical than creative. Finally, last night I did it! And, I actually liked it, once I was done! I posted it on my FB page, Instagram and on the Group FB page. I got messages asking me “what technique I used, how did I do it, did it have a name for the style, etc. ” Sheepishly, I answered , “No, just my own design.” Well, after thinking about it, I did another one. I liked that one even better….so what do I call this “creation I made” Scrappy Mosaic Card.” It was easy to do. I had a lot of fun designing it. And, I was satisfied with it once it was done. So I decided to share it….
Don’t be afraid to use your imagination. Pick scraps you like, play and have fun! You may surprise yourself in the end. If you do make a Scrappy Mosaic Card, I would love it if you would share it on my FB page, just click here and find the post dated July 21, 2021. If you post by July 31, 2021, I will hold a random drawing on August 1, 2021 and send a prize to the winner!
- Basic white cardstock 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Basic white layer or another color cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scraps of Designer Series Paper (DSP) – these can be squares, circles, strips of paper, whatever you want them to be. I used 1 1/2″ squares and 1″ circles above. And 1/2″ strips on the card below.
- Basic white cardstock 2 1/2″ x 3″ for card center
- Basic white cardstock scrap for greeting, if needed
- Stamps, dies, ink, embellishments as desired for card center
This one is up to you! Do what strikes your fancy and just have fun! Emboss or don’t your layer that will go on top of the base. Place your scraps where you want. Decorate your card center. Stamp a greeting and your done! Don’t forget to share on my FB page or leave a comment below. I would love to see your creation!