As a child, I loved the kaleidoscope! Now, every time I see a medallion, it reminds me of those brightly colored, beautiful images. When I first saw the Pretty Medallion background stamp by Stampin’ Up!, it immediately brought back those memories of childhood. But, before purchasing the Pretty Medallion I thought of ways in which I could use it, other than a, just, a background.
I chose to heat emboss the medallion using gold or silver embossing powder. Afterwards, Stampin’ Blends were used to color the embossed medallion with the goal to simulate the images I remembered when looking through a kaleidoscope. When finished coloring, the medallion was cut in half, thereby, allowing me to make two cards from one image. The images were the focal points on a solid embossed background. I, absolutely, loved the finished result! I hope you do, too!
Ready to get started? Watch the video, below, to see tips on how to create a beautiful focal image from a background stamp! Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Basic White Thick
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- 3 3/4″ x 5″ (inside layer)
- scrap to die cut sentiment
- Soft Succument
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (embossed layer)
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (inside layer)
- Soft Seafoam
- 2 1/2″ x 5 3/8″
- Shimmery White
- 4 3/8″ x 5 1/2″
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Dry emboss Soft Succulent layer using Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder
- Adhere embossed layer to front of card.
- Stamp medallion on Shimmery White using Versamark Ink.
- Cover image with Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Color image using Stampin’ Blends (choose colors)
- Once image is colored, cut image in half and adhere to layer of Soft Seafoam.
- Adhere combined layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals to left side of card leaving a thin border of embossed layer.
- Stamp greeting using Versamark Ink and heat emboss using Gold Embossing Powder.
- Trim or die cut greeting, as desired. Adhere to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp internal greeting on inside Basic White layer using Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder.
- Stamp a portion of the medallion stamp in the lower corner of the Basic White layer, if desired.
- Glue Basic White layer to Soft Succulent layer. Adhere combined layer to inside of card.
- Apply Iridescent Rhinestones to front of card, if desired.
Additional Pretty Medallion CardsProduct List
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.