Make an easy shaker card using Designer Series Paper. If you are new to or intimidated by making shaker cards, this card is for you! I learned of this card from Jennifer McGuire and loved it! Not only did I find it to be easy, but it is very adaptable! Designer Papers with full page designs or Designer foils make lovely shaker cards. I first made this shaker card using Splendid Day Designer Series Paper which is now retired. But, I still had that card which inspired me to make it using Sun Prints Designer Series Paper.
Since using the Sun Prints, I chose Night of Navy for my card base. As the paper was the basis for my background, I decided to use the Amazing Thanks Dies as the sentiment and focal point on my shaker card. I layered several of the silhouette die cuts for a more dramatic effect. The Subtle Shimmer Sequins added just enough “sparkle” to my shaker card.
Ready to get started? Watch the video, below, as it will show how to make an easy shaker card with tips for adding a more dramatic effect to your sentiment. Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Night of Navy
- 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ (card base)
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (layer)
- scrap to die cut sentiment
- Basic White
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (2) (inside layer and sentiment)
- Designer Series Paper
- 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″(layer)
- 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ (inside edge)
Instructions for Shaker Card
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Center the fourth largest Stitched Rectangle Die on the center front of the card and die cut. Set the rectangle, as it will not be used in this card.
- Position layer of Designer Series Paper in the back of the opening. Once positioned, gently turn card over so the back of the card is facing up.
- Open the back fold, apply Multipurpose Glue to the back of the Designer Series Paper.
- Gently adhere the 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ layer of Night of Navy to the Designer Paper. Ensure the bottom edges of the card base and layer are aligned.
- Place this layer off to the side.
- Using Tear & Tape, “window” the open rectangle. Remove backing on tape.
- Adhere a piece of window sheet over the opening.
- “Window” using Tear & Tape directly on the Window Sheet around the open rectangle. Remove backing.
- Place Subtle Shimmer Sequins around the window sheet, as desired.
- Adhere the second piece of Window Sheet over the first. This “sandwiches” sequins between the windows.
- Place Multipurpose Glue around the edge of the Night of Navy layer and adhere to back of card front over the window sheets. Ensure the bottom edge of the card and the layer are aligned.
- Cut four silhouette die cuts of “thanks” using Basic White Card Stock. Substitute one of the die cuts for Shimmer White to use on top, if desired.
- Adhere all four die cuts together using Multipurpose Glue.
- Die cut the script “thanks” in Night of Navy. Adhere to top of the Basic White layers.
- Adhere sentiment to front center of window using Multipurpose Glue.
- Glue 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ strip of matching DSP to Basic White layer.
- Adhere layer to inside of card.
Additional Sympathy CardProduct List
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.