Today, I wanted to focus on simple stamping ideas. So, I pulled the Oceanfront Stamp Set which I had not, yet, used. What is simple stamping? It is using stamps, ink and paper…no frills! I must admit, I did use the Banners Pick a Punch for my sentiments, but these cards could easily be made without it! Simple stamping is a great way for “beginning stampers” to start out, as it does not require a lot of supplies. But, I find it is a great way for experienced stampers to have fun adding some additional effects, such as, adding color with daubers to increase the effects of your sunset.
The Oceanfront Stamp Set is just images. So, I paired it up with the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. Since Oceanfront is made up of horizon and water images, I used Pacific Point, a color I rarely use, along with So Saffron for my card bases and layers. I added some “stamping off” for grassy images and a little “fussy” cutting for the rocks to add dimension and interest. Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems added a little “bling!”
Ready to see how to use Oceanfront and simple stamping to make lovely cards? Watch the video below to see instructions and tips for making this card! Further down, you will find the measurements, instructions and supply list. I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below and let me know which one you like best!
- Pacific Point or So Saffron:
- 4″ x 1/4″x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ (card base)
- 4″ x 5 1/4″ (layer, color not used for card base)
- 3/4″ x 5″ (sentiment layer, match color for layer above)
- Basic White:
- 3 3/4″ x 5″ (outside layer for stamping)
- 4 “x 5 1/4” (inside layer)
- 1/2″ x 5″ (strip for sentiment)
- scrap for stamping rocks, if desired
- Fold card base on score line and burnish with bone folder.
- Adhere Pacific Point or So Saffron layer to card front.
- Ink horizon stamp with So Saffron. Lightly add Pale Papaya or Calypso Coral to the horizon using a dauber, if desired. Stamp on Basic White layer 3 3/4″ x 5.”
- In water image using Pacific Point or Balmy Blue. “Stamp off” the Balmy Blue, if desired. Stamp image below the horizon.
- Using the “hill” image, ink stamp using Sahara Sand. Stamp below the water image.
- Stamp rocks using Crumb Cake. These can be either stamped directly on the layer or on a piece of scrap Basic White and “fussy cut” to add later.
- Using Old Olive, stamp cattails and grasses, as desired.
- If rocks were “fussy cut” add now using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the Basic White stamped layer to the front of the card.
- Stamp sentiment on strip of Basic White. Adhere to strip of cardstock that matches front layer. This layer can be “banner cut” by hand or using the Banners Pick a Punch. It can, also, be attached as is.
- Add sentiment layer to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp rock, cattails, and grasses in lower right corner of Basic White inside layer. Adhere to inside of card.
- Add Fine Sparkle Adhesive Backed Gems to front of card, if desired.
Supplies For Oceanfront Simple Stamping
If you are a “beginner” and don’t have a lot of supplies, do not let this list overwhelm you! Simply pick a color for the horizon, water, land, and grasses. That’s all you need. I listed a variety of colors from which to choose….Product List
Stay Up To Date
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? If so, subscribe to my blog for updates on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.