I love card challenges! Why? Because they force me to think “outside the box” and inspire me to create a card design I might not have thought about, otherwise. Today’s card is a Happiness Abounds Slimline Card. It was inspired by the sketch below. I used the Happiness Abounds Bundle and Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper to make the birthday card below.
The video below provides the instructions and demonstrates how to make this colorful Happiness Abounds Slimline Card. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supplies and written instructions. I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below.
- Melon Mambo
- 7″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 3 1/2″
- 3″ x 3 1/2″ (trellis die cut)
- 3/4″ x 4″ (greeting)
- Basic White Cardstock
- 3 3/8″ x 8 3/8″ (inside layer)
- Scraps for stamping and greeting
- Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper
- 3 3/8″ x 8 3/8″ (front layer)
- 3/8″ x 8 3/8″ (inside strip)
- Fold Melon Mambo on scoreline
- Adhere layer of Designer Series Paper to the card front.
- Die cut “trellis” image using Melon Mambo. Trim to 2 1/4″ x 3 3/8″.
- Adhere to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp three small flowers with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink.
- Color flowers and leaves using Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Adhere to “trellis” die cut using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting on Basic White using Tuxedo Black Momento. Trim to 5/8″ x 2 3/4″.
- Punch mat for greeting using Melon Mambo 3/4″ x 4″ and Lovely Labels Pick A Punch.
- Adhere stamped greeting in #8 to the punched Melon Mambo mat.
- Attach to card front below trellis using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie three small bows using Linen Thread. Adhere to stems of each of flowers using Glue Dots.
- Glue DSP strip to internal Basic White layer.
- Stamp greeting, if desired.
- Attach Basic White layer to inside of card.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. I hope you will continue on the hop. Please click on the Blog Roll below to hop along with us. Don’t forget when visiting to leave a little “love.”
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.