I frequently get asked “are there tips or tricks to using the Stampin’ Blends?” Actually there are! But, I only learned these by using them and making mistakes. So today, I am focusing on tips and tricks for Stampin’ Blends while coloring the beautiful rose image found in the Cottage Rose Bundle. I love to color with all mediums: chalks, watercolor pencils, but, Stampin’ Blends are my favorites. Stampin’ Blends are alcohol-based markers that allow you to blend colors, alike or different, to achieve beautiful images. But remember, you always want to use Tuxedo Black Momento ink and let it dry before you start to use the Blends. To see more tips and tricks, watch the video below!
The video below provides the instructions. Further down in the post, are the measurements, supplies and written instructions for the card in the video. I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below and let me know which tip and/or trick you liked the best!
- Smoky Slate
- 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored 5 1/2″
- Basic Black
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- 1 1/2″ x 4″
- Basic White
- 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (inside)
- Shimmer White
- 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ for stamping rose image and greeting
- Abigail Rose Designer Series Paper
- 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Fold Smoky Slate on score line using a Bone Folder for a good crease.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper 4″ x 5 1/4″ to the layer of Basic Black
- Attach the combined layer to the front of the card base.
- Emboss Basic Black 1 1/2″x 4″ using Timeworn Type Embossing Folder.
- Adhere to center of card front using Multipurpose glue.
- Stamp rose image on Shimmer White using Tuxedo Black Momento ink. If you want a darker outline, use Stamparatus so that you can accurately restamp. Allow to dry.
- Stamp inside greeting on Basic White layer.
- On the stamp with three small flowers, mask off two of the three images. Ink one image using Tuxedo Black Momento ink. Stamp in lower right corner of layer with inside greeting. Set aside to dry.
- Using Sweet Sorbet Stampin’ Blends, color the rose image.
- Color stems and leaves using Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Using Mango Melody (Dark) add color to center of the flower.
- Die cut floral image. Adhere to card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a 4″ piece of Black and White Gingham Ribbon. Fold in half like an upside down “V”.
- Adhere ribbon to card front using a Glue Dot, so it will be under the greeting.
- Stamp and die cut external greeting.
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere to front of card over the ribbon.
- Color the small floral image on Basic White layer using Sweet Sorbet and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends.
- Adhere layer to inside of card.
Stay Up To Date:
Do you want to stay up to date with quick, easy cards and fun stamping ideas? Subscribe to my blog and you will receive an email so you don’t miss out on new posts. Sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. This will allow you to stay updated on new Stampin’ Up! products, sales and more! Click button below, it will take you to the home page where you can sign up in the right-hand column. Choose to what you want to subscribe.